Biostatistics students will be registered in their home program with a pre-determined supervisor or supervisors. At least one of the supervisors is the biostatistics faculty member in their home programs. If you are interested in applying for the collaborative biostatistics program, we encourage you to contact a biostatistics faculty member to discuss your interests in biostatistics and availability of research projects or practicum placements. Following is a list of the faculty members in the Department of Public Health Sciences and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics who are interested in supervising students in the collaborative biostatistics program.
Department of Public Health Sciences
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The faculty members in the Department of Public Health Sciences and the Department of Mathematics are affiliated with a number of health research groups in the Kingston area. Some of them are listed below. By studying in this program, students will have opportunities to interact with health researchers in these areas. Some of the research groups have the potential to provide practicum or employment opportunities.
- NCIC Clinical Trials Group at Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Cancer Care and Epidemiology Group at Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Centre for Health Services and Policy Research
- Queen's School of Rehabilitation Therapy
- Clinical Research Centre, Kingston General Hospital (KGH)
- Research and Education Program at KFL&A Public Health